Friday, August 13, 2010

Holy Ghost

My Dad has been in ICU at the University of Utah hospital for 2 weeks now. I am pretty sure I was in denial for the first week and a half. After all, my dad is invincible, nothing slows him down. Last Saturday he was able to visit with each of his grandkids and say goodbye. Then, in a last chance effort to save his life, he chose to go on life support and try a new "miracle drug" to see if it would work. Before he went on Life Support he told us to let him fight for a week, then let him go. Well, tomorrow is a week. It all seems so surreal.
I sit here at the computer sad and numb, but throughout the whole experience I recognized so many mircles, and small blessings, and overall, the abundance of peace and reassurance from the holy ghost. There was a day they took Dad down to surgery. While he was in there, Dana gave a beautiful prayer and I felt SO at peace as we said amen. I knew it didn't necessarily mean everything would be good, I just knew the spirit was calming us in our time of need.
So, tomorrow, as I say a final goodbye to one of my very best friends.

4 comments:

Darci said...

i'm so sorry, i didn't know your dad was ill- you guys are in our thoughts and prayers-

The Barneys said...

I'm so sorry. WE love you guys and your in out thoughts and prayers.

Cynthia said...

I wish we could be there to help out! What would we do without the Holy Ghost? I'm glad that you have found comfort thru this time. Our prayers are still with you.

Adam and Sherry said...

Beautiful! Absolutley beautifly put. You and all of your family our in our prayers. You are strong and beautiful and I know you guys will make it through. Aren't we so glad we know what we know and you will get to see him again.